With the fight going on this past weekend plus tailgating season right around the corner, we got super excited and wanted to make a dish we hadn’t in a while.
Back in college, I use to stop on the way on home after a night out at Sheetz which was right beside my apartment. I would always get a chicken Cesar salad wrap + breaded jalapeño bites.
Although my health awareness continues to grow and change some of the basics can never be forgotten. So, this week we made one of my all time favorite foods on the healthier and more denser side. Enjoy!
- 8-12 medium to large peppers
- ~ 1 cup Greek Yogurt or cream cheese
- 5-7 pieces of Bacon
- 3-5 Bratwurst
- Spices/Herbs — Garlic and Sea Salt
- Fry Bratwurst on medium high until cooked completely through. (Use cooking thermometer if needed). Place a lid on and let them cook while you move on to the next step.
- Rinse Peppers, cut in 1/2, and clean out
- Preheat oven to 400-450
- Once Bratwurst is done set to the side and let cool. Mix Greek yogurt with a little bit of garlic together. Pull apart or dice the Bratwurst until very small and add to mixture.
- Line a baking pan with a tiny bit of oil and place peppers down with insides facing up.
- Spoon out a “glob” at a time the mixture and start filling each pepper.
- 1/2 the bacon pieces and wrap each pepper 1/2 in a 1/4-1/2 of bacon.
- Once all peppers are filled you can place in oven for 10-15 minutes or until the bacon is done.
You can also add a topper of some extra Monterey Jack cheese before you place in oven if you’re not worried about the extra calories. We chose not to this time.
I hope you enjoy these as much as I did.