There’s a few times when I just crave something. This week it was impossible for me to get out of my head, the idea of nachos.
So, I went into my think tank a.k.a. my pantry and started looking for flavors that bounce off each other and give me the satisfying taste I want.
Probably more importantly, I want this as a meal, just just an app which will require me to make more food. What came out… was surely a masterpiece 🔥🙌🤣.
- 2 lbs 🐮
- 2-4 sweet potatoes sliced chip size
- Black beans
- Fresh salsa
- 4 Small wild onions
- Walnuts (optional)
- Worcestershire sauce
- Garlic powder
- Sea salt
- *Other- if wanted
- We placed our thawed beef in the crock pot overnight. You don’t have to do this, you can simply bake or fry but this makes it so good 🤗 it will literally fall right off the bone 🍖. (Next steps go over crock pot so skip if not using.)
- Combine spices, onions and optional foods (Carrots, beets)
- Place on high/low depending on how you are cooking. We did low and let it go overnight for 8 hours.
- Then it’s ready for nachos whenever you are 😋 and looks like this
- Next all that’s left is to bake your sweet taters. It usually takes about 30 minutes on 450F to get them with the right crunch. I also lightly coat the pan with avocado oil.
- After potatoes are done let cool and place on plate.
- Pull meat apart and place on top.
- Start adding more toppings. Place on top of meat: black beans, salsa, 🥑avocado, and anything else you like. We used 🥜walnuts and the cooked carrots 🥕
- Consume, enjoy and comment to let us know how it turned out!
Happy Eating! 🍽
What is it about summertime that makes seafood and veggies taste so much better? I’ve been on a kick lately with fish 🐟 so today, I wanted to share a super easy dish you can whip up in a very short amount of timewith shrimp. With all treaveling lately, quick and to the point dishes is in super high demand with me.
This recipe is pretty straight foreword and takes me only about 15 minutes to make which is pretty cool!
- 6-12 Shrimp 🍤
- Spinach 🥗
- Whole cauliflower
- Sweet Potato 🥔
- Avocado oil 🥑
- Salsa 🍅
- Food processor (if able)
- Pull out all ingredients
- Heat fry pan to medium with avocado 🥑 oil
- While pan is heating up, wash sweet potato 🥔 and place small cuts in it for heating and venting = cook faster.
- Wrap Sweet Potato 🥔 in a paper towel and place in microwave for 6-10 minutes depending on microwave setting.
- Break cauliflower up into smaller pieces to put in food processor. If you do not have one then finely chop the cauliflower.
- Season shrimp 🍤 with a Cajun mix and place in fry pan. Cover to simmer. *Allow to cook to a temperature of at least 165 degrees F which should mean a pink color appears on the outside with a little white on the shrimp.
- While everything is cooking, take broken up pieces of cauliflower and place in food processor and well… process ha! 🍚
- The shrimp 🍤 may need a flip at this point and then recover pan. Shrimp usually do not take very long to cook.
- The sweet potato 🥔should be done by now and will be very hot. Let cool then cut in half to place on plate.
- Grab a scoop of cauliflower rice 🍚 and place on plate with a handful of spinach 🥗 and top with salsa 🍅.
- Check shrimp and once finished place 6-12 on plate.
All that’s left is eat and enjoy 😋. I love making this dish because it’s fast and easy plus super healthy. If you are wondering about the salsa 🍅used, this was a fresh salsa from the local farmer’s market I buy each week. So yummy!
Remember to take the process slow your first time through this dish or any dish, for that matter. Prepping will get easier and quicker each time you perform the work naturally. When you try to rush making something in the kitchen, accidents can happen, food can be over or undercooked, and things can be left out by mistake, to name a few.
So, take a deep breath and have fun with it.